Without a doubt, the Engineered Garments Workshirt is my favorite item in my wardrobe. A modern reproduction of a Big Yank Workshirt done up by Daiki Suzuki for Engineered Garments. The Workshirt has been a staple in the Engineered Garments line since Spring of 2000 and gets done up in different fabrics season to season. The construction that goes into these shirts assures they’ll stand the test of time. And with the amazing fabrics EG uses, they’ll just get better after every wear.
What makes them awesome:
- The collar has reinforced stitching to make give it more substance so that it keeps it shape.
- Almost every seam on a Engineered Garments Workshirt is triple stitched to ensure it can stand plenty of abuse.
- The elbows are reinforced with another layer of cotton internally to hold up against wear & tear.
- The shoulder and back yoke are both reinforced with another layer of fabric.
- Twill taped placket.
- Gussets at the hem.
- Bar-tacks at stress points